Westchester County Parks needs qualified lifeguards to staff the many county beaches and pools this summer.
We offer training to become certified as a lifeguard. Those interested are required to sign up for lifeguarding/first aid and CPR/AED training for the professional rescuer with Westchester County Parks.
STARGUARD Lifeguard Training (New Lifeguards)
Starfish Aquatic Institute participants must successfully complete lifeguard training, first aid, AED, and CPR. STARGUARD Certification is equivalent to lifeguard certification from American Red Cross, YMCA, Ellis & Associates, and NASCO. Must be 16 years old by completion of course.
2017 training sessions to be announced.
- Applicants must be 16 years or older
- Hiring preference will be given to Westchester County residents
- Current American Red Cross Lifeguarding/First Aid and CPR/AED for lifeguards certifications or equivalent required
- Waterfront certifications required for beaches
- Must pass Westchester County practical skills test
- Must be able to work at varied locations
Download the complete lifeguard job description.
Upon completion of the Lifeguard Practical Skills Screening, successful candidates should have an exceptional customer service ethic and may be required to work weekends and holidays. In-service training program, full and part-time schedules available.
You may complete and submit our lifeguard application online or print and mail a manually completed copy to the address found on the form.