The Sportsman Center, located at Blue Mountain Reservation in the northwestern section of Westchester County, is the only public sportsman's recreation area in the county offering a shooting sports complex in a woodland park setting.
The Sportsman Center does not rent firearms.
A New York State pistol permit is required for use at pistol range.
The center includes:
- Multiple-range pistol facility
- Large bore high-power rifle range with 100 and 200-yard targets
- Small bore rifle range
- Archery Range
- Completely new trap and skeet area with four combination fields
- All-new, 14-station 3D archery course
Free instruction is available from range officers who are experts in their field, and ammunition is available for purchase on site. Other amenities include targets, sandbags and bench rests free of charge; ear protectors are available for purchase or rental.
No children under the age of 12 are allowed to use the facilities. Children 12 and over must have proof of age such as a birth certificate or school ID with date of birth.
- County park pass is not required for admission.
- See fee information below.
- Directions: 183 Watch Hill Road, Cortlandt Manor, NY 10567
- Park Hours: See below.
- Phone: (914) 862-5280
- County parks map & guide
- Dogs: Dogs are not allowed in the area of the Blue Mountain Sportsman Center.
- Last ticket sold one hour prior to closing time.
|Thursdays||10 a.m. to 3 p.m.|
|Fridays||10 a.m. to 3 p.m.|
|Saturdays||10 a.m. to 4 p.m.|
|Sundays||11 a.m. to 4 p.m.|
|Holidays that fall on Mondays||10 a.m. to 4 p.m.|
|Large Bore-100 yd. targets||$10 per hour||$13 per hour|
|Small Bore-Target Range||$8 per hour||$11 per hour|
(NYS Pistol Permit Required)
|$8 per hour||$11 per hour|
|Trap & Skeet
-4 Combination Fields
|$8 per round||$11 per round|
|Archery-Target||$8 per 2 hours||$11 per 2 hours|
|3-D Archery Course||$12 per round||$15 per round|
|Group-Use Permit Procedures|
|Liability Insurance Instructions|
Northern Westchester Rifle Association Calendar
What’s happening with your club? Go to the NWRA Web site for more details.